- The question paper is divided into four sections A, B, C, D, and all the questions are compulsory.
- Write the correct serial number of each questions as mentioned in question paper.
- Students must read the question paper correctly.
Section – A
Fill in the blanks with correct for of verb given in brackets.
1. Look! An old man ________ (run) after the bus to catch it.
2. The train ________ (arrived) the station before we reached there.
Fill in the blanks using What, Whom, Whose, Which.
3. It was Monday _________. She was born.
4. Our country is India _________ population is very much.
Rewrite the following sentences using the connective given in the brackets
5. Geeta was watching TV. Rina was watching T.V. (Both)
6. I was working. She was sleeping (while)
7. The house is very big. It is surprisingly clean. (Yet)
8. She is making tea.
9. Open the window
10. You must write a letter
Rewrite the following sentence into Indirect speech.
11. The teacher said, “The sun rises in the east”
12. She said, “Anita is writing a story”
13. The doctor said to the patient, “Take light food.”
Tick the correct answers
14. What was the name of Gautam Buddha when he was a prince.
[D] None of the above
15. In which state is Coorg situated?
[A] Tamil Nadu
16. Who is the commander in chief of mass space control?
[A] O op
[D] Think Tank
17. To whom did Lencho write a letter-
[A] To his friend
[B] To his father
[C] TO God
[D] None of these
18. What was the name of the scientist?
19. What was the name of the greyhound?
20. Who knocked at Ausable’s door?
Read the passage and answer the following questions:
Kisa Gotami repaired to the Buddha and cried, “Lord and Master, give me the medicine that will cure my boy.”
The Buddha answered, “I want a handful of mustardseed.” And when the girl in her joy promised to procure it, the Buddha added, “The mustard-seed must be taken from a house where no one has lost a child, husband, parent or friend.”
Poor Kisa Gotami now went from house to house, and the people pitied her and said, “Here is mustardseed; take it!” But when she asked, “Did a son or daughter, a father or mother, die in your family?” they answered her, “Alas! the living are few, but the dead are many. Do not remind us of our deepest grief.” And there was no house but some beloved one had died in it.
Kisa Gotami became weary and hopeless, and sat down at the wayside watching the lights of the city, as they flickered up and were extinguished again. At last the darkness of the night reigned everywhere.
21. What did Buddha want from Kisa Gautami?
[A] A handful of gold coins
[B] A handful of flowers
[C] A handful of mustard seed
[D] A handful of sugar
22. Where did Gautami sit down?
[A] At the wayside
[B] At Bodh temple
[C] At the bank of the river
[D] All the above
23. What medicine did Kisa Gautami asked to the Buddha?
24. From what house did Buddha say Gautami to Bring the mustard seed?
25. Find out the word from the passage similar in meaning to – ‘Sorrow’
26. Find out the word from the passage opposite in meaning to – ‘light’
Answer the following questions in about 20 words each
27. What does courage mean to Mandela?
28. Where does Wanda sit in the classroom and why?
29. What was the temptation to keep tricks?
30. Why did Mrs. Hall think to be eccentric?
31. You are Khushi leaving in Japan. Your friend Tejasvita has passed the Secondary Examination with first division. Write a letter to her congratulating her on her success in the examination.
You are Ankita/ Ankur of class X of Adarsh Vidhya Mandir, Jaipur.
Write a formal e-mail to the headmaster of your school at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to arrange extra classes for English and Mathematics as the syllabus is incomplete.
32. Write a short paragraph in about 60 words on
The Annual Function of My School
33. Read the extract given below and answer the questions.
Some say the world will end in fire
some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favour fire
(i) What are the two opinions about the end of the world?
(ii) With what opinion does the poet go? Why?
If ever you should go by chance
To jungles in the east;
And if there should to you advance
A large and tawny beast,
If he roars at you as you’re dyin’
You’ll know it is the Asian Lion
(i) How does an Asian lion look?
(ii) How does one read before an Asian lion?
34. Draw a character sketch of Wanda Petroski?
Draw a character sketch of Griffin.